SJLWRITER, LLC. Rockford, MI. (established 2012) – Writer, Editor, Proofreader – Traditional and Digital, B2B and B2C
AMWAY NORTH AMERICA , Ada, MI. (1996-2011)
Senior Field Communications Specialist – Traditional and Digital, B2B (2009-2011)
Worked closely with Sales and Communications staff to ensure all Field communications,
digital and print, are targeted appropriately and meet brand/quality standards.
Managed all Field event communications from concept to execution.
Developed first monthly B2B electronic publication from concept to execution.
AMWAY/QUIXTAR INC., Ada, MI. (1996-2009)
Communications Portfolio Manager – Traditional and Digital, B2C
• Worked with Marketing to ensure communications are targeted appropriately by segment.
• Developed and maintained a reach-and-frequency communication strategy/plan.
• Oversaw communications developed by internal Creative Services staff and external agencies
to ensure implementation of appropriate tone of voice and style by brand and audience.
Copy Director – General Merchandise and Specialty Catalogs, WYW Magazine,
Ribbon Gift & Incentive Program, Sales Speak Blog
• Collaborated with marketing, merchandising, designers, writers, and project managers in planning and executing product advertising and related promotions in print and online.
• Established and expanded brand standards, design and copy style guidelines.
• Directed creative execution and oversaw development of several catalogs by multiple vendors. • Hired, trained, and managed freelance editorial staff for a variety of projects.
• Established and maintained Sales Speak blog for Amway Independent Business Owners. Editor/Copywriter – Quixtar Catalogs, Store for More Website
• Established brand identity, copy standards, and copy tone for Store for More in print and online. • Collaborated with marketing, merchandising, designers, writers, and project managers in planning and executing catalog advertising and related promotions.
• Hired, trained, and managed freelance editorial staff.
TALBOTS, INC., Hingham, MA. (1993-1995)
• Teamed with designers and marketers to plan and execute catalog, direct mail, and retail advertising for women’s intimate apparel and career wear in USA and Canada.
SEARS CATALOG HOME OFFICE, Chicago, IL. (1980-1993)
Senior Writer/Special Projects Coordinator/Copywriter
• Performed duties of fashion copywriter for national catalogs.
• Handled special projects and trained/mentored new copywriters.
Bachelor of Arts, Advertising. Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.